It's never too early to start planning, is it?

I should use my summer holidays to go out, party till I can't feel my feet and eat everything in sight, but nope, I can't help myself but to think of more film ideas for my first 3rd year film! 

These are all brief and need lots of improvement, but these are my thoughts so far...

IDEA 1:
My mums friend, Sam Briggs (American fitness fanatics will know her), is currently taking part in the Reebok Crossfit Games in USA, and is ranked #1 in the WORLD for women's fitness. 
If she wins, she will win the title of 'worlds strongest woman' (and just to think a few years ago she was helping my mum put a fence up in my garden!). 

At university, we get taught two main things: network, and use your contacts, so I think this would be the perfect opportunity to use my contacts and get a fantastic film out of it. Let's face it, no one else can say 'I know the strongest woman in the world'. 

Audience wise, the primary target would be fitness fanatics, and fans of Sam. Bob Harper (trainer on The Biggest Loser USA) took a picture of himself at the Crossfit games whilst he was watching the events, so you never know, if he's a fan of her, he might become a fan of the film! 


At the moment, I haven't decided what the short film will include, and what you'll see. Maybe some staged exercise routines, maybe some creative shots of the food she eats to stay in shape. Who knows? But as stated previously, it's just an idea. 


IDEA 2: 
Chocolate! A bit of a difference from the first idea, I know. But after seeing the recent Tesco advert of the strawberries and summer, I was thinking about other foods that connect us as a nation, and can make you feel happy. 

One of my biggest downfalls in my challenge to be healthy is my love of chocolate. I love it. I love chocolate cereals, cake, chocolate drinks, dark chocolate, white chocolate, all of it. And I know there are millions of people like me. As a nation, we love chocolate! (except the odd fellows who are savoury lovers...weird). So why not make a feel-good film about it? 


What would it include? On a recent trip to York, I found a little shop called 'York Cocoa House'. It was stunning: such an old and traditional place with a chef in the back making the chocolate by hand. Everything had a vintage feel to it, including the decor. So when I got home, I googled the place. The person that owns the shop is a young woman who started the business herself due to her chocoholic obsession, and decided to spread her love around! The story behind it is lovely, and so is the shop, so I think I'd like to use her story and the location to narrate my film. 

I think this film would be a visually driven film, which draws me to making it. I really want to focus on my cinematography skills and play with different lenses, and this idea would give me the opportunity to do so. But would it make an interesting film? I guess a lot of development is needed for me to say so. But as a chocolate lover, I'd say yes! 



So they are my most recent film ideas. They're basic and need some work, but a great starting point and both have outside connections, meaning the production value will be high. I don't know which would be more interesting - maybe I could make both!  


This entry was posted on Sunday 28 July 2013 and is filed under ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply